- You must register on or before the December 2017 meeting and continue to be a member of the guild for the 2018 year. If there are new members in January, they may also participate.
- At the December 2017 meeting (and will available at future meetings), you will be given a brown paper bag with a number. Do not lose the bag or the number as the blocks will be coming back anonymously. If you do lose the bag, please do not forget your number and bring it back in a new brown paper bag with the number.
- The theme for the blocks is “NAUTICAL”. Stretch your modern creative muscles!
- Using the fabric(s) in the bag, design one block! You do not have to use all the fabric given, but you must use some of the fabric in your block.
- You can add additional fabrics, but must be solids (preferably Kona solids).
- You can use any method to create your block (pieced/appliqué).
- Your block must measure either 12.5” x 12.5”; 12.5” x 18.5”; 18.5” x 24.5”; or 24.5” x 24.5” unfinished.
- Return your block in the brown paper bag at the March 2018 PEIMQG meeting. If you are unable to make the meeting, please ensure you give it to someone who will be attending or make arrangements to get it to the President prior to the March 2018 meeting. You do not want to miss out and we want to have the chance to drool over these future awesome beauties.
- The blocks will be posted on the blog to allow the on-line community to vote for the viewer’s choice.
- The President will determine, with input from the Executive the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd winning blocks. Considerations will include: representation of the theme; creativity; and technique.
- Winners will be announced at the April 2018 meeting.
- The blocks will become the property of the PEIMQG to be used in a future charity quilt.
FRANK LLOYD WRIGHT CHALLENGE-
In January, the members brainstormed ideas for a guild challenge. A challenge inspired by the work or works of Frank Lloyd Wright (FLW) was born!