Saturday 20 May 2017

PEIMQG Guest Blogger May 2017

 I am so pleased to introduce this month's guest blogger Alyce Blyth . Alyce has a wonderful blog featuring lots of tutorials and Quilt-Alongs .
 She hosts the "Bee Hive" a fantastic resource for modern quilt blocks too, I know the PEIMQG has chosen some of our Queen Bee blocks from her Bee Hive.
Alyce currently lives in Australia but has started her quilting journey in Japan. I think it would be very interesting to be a quilter experiencing 2 very different countries and cultures.


Alyce is also the author of "DIY Block Design" a fantastic resource for anyone wanting to design and create their own quilt blocks. Be sure to check out her blog:

http://www.blossomheartquilts.com/


 Q&A:


  1. What do you love about  (Modern) quilting?



I love the colours and contrast that is usually found in modern quilting. I want to be able to clearly see the shapes used in a quilt, and that is what sets modern quilting apart from traditional quilting to me. I also love the way that modern quilters have a different and unique way of looking at quilt design, and that they see it more as a way of expressing a love for design.


  1. Where do you draw inspiration?

I find most of my inspiration in the geometric designs around my everyday life, whether it’s a fence, a shop sign, or a manhole cover!

       3. What are you currently working on? (Can we have a sneak peek?)


My quilty to-do list is never ending! But I think my favourite project at the moment is my Girt By Sea - https://modernmakersretreat.wordpress.com/private-girt-by-sea/ - quilt



  1. Solids or Prints?

Prints. That almost look like solids!


  1. Precuts or Stash?

Both have a place in my quilting! Fat quarters for a little bit of a certain colour or print just in case. Yardage for stashing super special prints, backgrounds, bindings and backings.

  1. Favorite Tool/Trick you can’t live without?

My Clover finger presser. I do a lot of foundation paper piecing, and it’s perfect for pressing the fabric open and flat without needing to add so much heat to the paper templates.

  1. What’s your Favorite Blog and/or Designer?

Picking just one is hard! I do have a bit of a fondness for Jayne at Twiggy and Opal - twiggyandopal.blogspot.com - though. Her colours and designs are spot on, and her photos are beautiful too.

  1. What’s one thing we should know about you?

My name isn’t pronounced as “Alice”, it’s more like “Ah-lease”!


Thank You so much Alyce for being our guest blogger this month. 

2 comments: